Do you have experience working successfully with substance abuse, mental health, criminal background, and other populations? Do you have the willingness to become an ambassador for our organization? Do you have a commitment to working in an environment offering the full-scope of pregnancy options counseling? If so, HealthRIGHT 360 is looking to fill a regular full time Patient Care Coordinator position in San Francisco, CA! The Patient Care Coordinator is responsible for care of patients, including assisting patients in navigating the larger health care system, through referral initiation and follow up, and data reporting. The Patient Care Coordinator will provide all patient care in a sensitive and non-judgmental manner, to maintain a high degree of professional competence and the highest possible ethical standards, and to function as part of a care-giving team.
Sound interesting? Below, you will find a more detailed list of responsibilities and requirements for this position.
- Assists providers with all referrals to specialty clinics within San Francisco as well as out of county referrals including providing all pertinent information to outside providers, scheduling the appointments as needed, and notifying patients.
- Assists with obtaining Durable Medical Equipment (DME) for patients.
- Serves as the point of contact for patients and providers with questions regarding referrals.
- Tracks the status of referrals, keeping appropriate Electronic Health Record tracking systems up to date, notifying patients and obtaining results and reports when needed and triaging to providers.
- Follows up on the completion of missed specialty care appointments as directed by the referring provider through the utilization of motivational interviewing to encourage adherence to plan of care.
Performance and Quality Improvement Responsibilities:
- Assists in meeting benchmarks for applicable quality indicators as noted in the annual quality management plan, as well as contract and grant deliverables.
- Along with colleagues, assists in continuous quality improvement through on-going problem/needs identification and problem solving.
- Acts as change champion or lead in improvement activities.
And, other duties as assigned.
Education and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Commitment to the mission and goals of the Women’s Community Clinic and Lyon Martin Health Services.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in a women’s health setting
- Excellent computing skills especially within the Microsoft Office suite
- Commitment to working in an environment offering the full-scope of pregnancy options counseling.
- Willingness to be an ambassador on behalf of the Women’s Community Clinic and Lyon Martin Health Services understanding that all staff contribute towards tasks related to promoting and fundraising for the Clinic.
- Culturally competent and able to work with a diverse population
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word Outlook and internet applications
- Experience working successfully with issues of substance abuse, mental health, criminal background, and other potential barriers to economic self sufficiency
- At least one year of experience working in a health care environment
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends
- Ability to enter data into various electronic systems while maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the data
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Integrity to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multitask and juggle multiple priorities
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively as part of interdisciplinary team and independently assume responsibility
- Strong initiative and enthusiasm and willingness to pitch in whenever needed
- Able to communicate well at all levels of the organization including working with organization leadership and high-level representatives of partner organizations
- Able to work within a frequently changing project scope while maintaining overall direction and structured priorities
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Healthcare field experience
- Knowledge of Clinical documentation (treatment plans, progress notes etc.)
- Experience working with criminal justice population
Benefits: HealthRIGHT 360 offers a comprehensive benefits package