Open Enrollment for 2018 health coverage starts November 1.
This year’s Open Enrollment period for Covered California plans runs from November 1 through December 15. Our staff is ready to help you figure out what kind(s) of coverage you may be eligible for. We can screen you in person or over the phone, and we can help you enroll in Healthy San Francisco, Covered California, or Medi-Cal right here at the Clinic!
Give us a call at (415) 379-7800.
A few notes to be aware of:
- You must sign up for a plan before December 15 if you want your plan to start on January 1 and avoid interruptions in your coverage. Enrollment is possible through January 31, but your coverage will start later in 2018.
- There is still a tax penalty for people who don’t have health insurance.
- If you make less than $16,644 for a family of one, are undocumented, or have recently had a qualifying event like losing a job, you’re eligible to enroll at any time. Please see the Covered California website for more information about qualifying events.
- If you sign up before December 15, you will be covered through all of 2018, regardless of any changes that might be made to the Affordable Care Act.
- Questions? Please call us at (415) 379-7800 and we’d be happy to help!
- Let’s get you covered!