Job Title: Staff Nurse
Supervisor: Lead Clinician
Schedule: 32 hours per week, schedule varies
Since 1999, the Women’s Community Clinic has used an innovative workforce development-based business model to provide affordable and accessible health care services to Bay Area women and girls. With a proven track record of success, the Clinic has earned a reputation as a safe, welcoming environment where underserved women can access high-quality health services.
The staff nurse provides nursing care in a nurse-managed community health center for a broad range of women of different ages, ethnicities, and socio-economic backgrounds. He/she works closely with other clinical team members to deliver care in a team-based environment. He/she may care for clients in-person, by phone, or in person, including co-visits with Advanced Practice Providers. The staff nurse also plays an essential role in helping the Clinic meet its Quality Assurance (QA) goals and continuing the transitions into team-based care and full-scope primary care.
Read our Mission Statement
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Return client calls and triage client questions; collaborate with staff clinicians as appropriate to provide quality client care
- Refill prescriptions under standing orders, as clinically appropriate
- Notify clients of abnormal results and follow-up plans; ensure proper follow-up as appropriate
- Provide client education and medical case management, primarily by phone.
- In collaboration with the billing manager, manage Treatment Authorization Requests (TARs) and prior authorizations and serve as the point-person for prescription coverage questions
- Participate in the Clinician After-Hours Call rotation (approximately 1 week every 6)
- Participate in team-based clinical care within scope of RN licensure – conduct full and partial visits for clients seeking family planning, STI screening and treatment, pregnancy testing and options counseling, and uncomplicated UTI management. Provide injections, blood draws, peak flow measurements, ear lavage, and other primary care related nursing care. Assist Advance Practice Clinicians in the above as needed.
- Participate in clinical skills training of medical assistants and volunteers. This may include birth control counseling, injections, vital sign measurement, and other office-based skills.
- Collaborate with Clinic Director and other clinicians to develop and maintain workflows, protocols and procedures related to RN care and services
- Collaborate with Clinic Director and other clinicians to strategize and develop the role of the RN within the care team and to ensure that RNs and MAs are working at the top of their scope.
- Participate in committees, as assigned
- Provide support with outside record reviews and chart abstraction
- Perform monthly clinical Quality Assurance reviews
- Other duties as assigned
- Commitment to the mission and goals of the Women’s Community Clinic.
- Current Licensure as a Registered Nurse in California
- At least one year of clinical experience strongly preferred; women’s health experience required.
- Client-centered approach to care.
- Bilingual Spanish-English preferred
- Must be regularly available some evenings
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Commitment to working in an environment offering abortion services and the full-scope of pregnancy options counseling.
- Willingness to be an ambassador on behalf of the Women’s Community Clinic, understanding that all staff contribute towards tasks related to promoting and fundraising for the Clinic.
Salary and Benefits:
- The Clinic provides a competitive total compensation package at the mid-range of the San Francisco nonprofit and healthcare labor markets. The salary for this position is $31.50 per hour, depending on experience.
- Generous benefits package, includes: Health (HMO or PPO), dental, and vision insurance with family coverage, generous vacation, retirement plan, sabbatical, flexible spending accounts for medical, transit, parking, and dependent care expenses.
Typical physical demands:
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment.
- Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.
The Women’s Community Clinic is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related) or conditions Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions (ARC). Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please send a cover letter and resume to: Jobs@Womenscommunityclinic.org no later than May 3, 2017. In subject line, please write: Staff Nurse.