Job Title: Staff Clinician
Supervisor: Lead Clinician
Schedule: 24-36 hours per week
Since 1999, the Women’s Community Clinic has used an innovative workforce development-based business model to provide affordable and accessible health care services to Bay Area women and girls. With a proven track record of success, the Clinic has earned a reputation as a safe, welcoming environment where underserved women can access high-quality health services.
The Staff Clinician at Women’s Community Clinic provides acute and preventive gynecologic and primary care in a nurse-managed community health center for a broad range of women of different ages, ethnicities, and socio-economic backgrounds. The Staff Clinician will provide team-based care in close collaboration with volunteer health educators and medical assistants.
Read our Mission Statement
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Take medical histories.
• Perform routine physical exams.
• Initiate, recommend, perform, and interpret appropriate laboratory screening and diagnostic procedures. Initiate treatment measures where indicated.
• Assume responsibility for clinical management of frequently occurring mild, acute or chronic uncomplicated illnesses
• Manage and follow-up on abnormal lab and exam findings.
• Recommend treatments and evaluate their effectiveness. Make referrals to other medical specialties where appropriate.
• Provide unbiased patient education and counseling, including contraceptive education and counseling.
• Identify psychosocial factors affecting health decisions and practices, and counsel accordingly.
• Maintain appropriate medical records and documentation.
• Furnish and/or dispense drugs and devices in accordance with AB 4372 and the Women’s Community Clinic’s standardized procedures.
• As skills allow, perform procedures including (but not limited to) incision and drainage of abscesses, suturing, ear lavage and cryotherapy of skin lesions
• Provide ongoing support to medical assistants, RNs, and volunteer health educators
• Mentor and evaluate advanced practice nursing students as needed
• Facilitate training and education for lay volunteers as needed
• Participate in various committees, as assigned.
• Collaborate with client care coordinator, MAs and RNs to manage patient follow-up related to referrals, abnormal labs & findings and other clinically warranted follow-up.
• Collaborate with other staff members to return client calls, provide telephone advice & triage, and refill prescriptions.
• Commitment to the mission and goals of the Women’s Community Clinic.
• Master’s degree in nursing from accredited nurse practitioner program.
• Current California RN and NP (FNP or ANP) licenses and current furnishing license
• Experience in women’s health and primary care experience in a community setting preferred. Open to new graduates.
• Desire to work in a culturally sensitive and client-centered setting.
• Must be able to work some evenings.
• Preferred: Bilingual Spanish-English.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Strong computer skills. Experience working with Health Information Technology, such as EMR/EHR or patient registry. Experience with Epic EHR is ideal.
• Commitment to working in an environment offering the full-scope of pregnancy options counseling.
• Willingness to be an ambassador on behalf of the Women’s Community Clinic understanding that all staff contribute towards tasks related to promoting and fundraising for the Clinic.
Salary and Benefits:
• The Clinic provides a competitive total compensation package at the mid-range of the San Francisco nonprofit and healthcare labor markets. The salary for this position is $48 per hour, depending on experience.
• Generous benefits package, includes: Health (HMO or PPO), dental, and vision insurance with family coverage, generous vacation, retirement plan, sabbatical, flexible spending accounts for medical, transit, parking, and dependent care expenses.
Typical physical demands:
• Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment.
• Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.
The Women’s Community Clinic is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related) or conditions Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions (ARC). Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please send a cover letter and resume to: Jobs@Womenscommunityclinic.org. In subject line, please write: Staff Clinician. This position will be open until filled.