Join the hundreds of women who have thrived as part of our volunteer Health Worker Program!
- Volunteer your time to provide access to high quality health care
- Gain hands-on health care experience
- Join a progressive, passionate community
- Learn from staff and volunteers who are health care experts
About the Health Worker Program
- It is a free entry-level program, no experience necessary.
- The program is designed as a curriculum, which means all volunteers receive the same foundation of training before moving into a specialty.
- Every volunteer begins as a Client Services Coordinator with future opportunities for growth and additional training.
Client Services Coordinators are the first point of contact for clients to experience the safe, respectful atmosphere of the Women’s Community Clinic. Client Services Coordinators answer many of our client’s health-related questions, check clients in and out, and provide clients with a wide range of referrals.
After seven months volunteering as a Client Services Coordinator, a volunteer is eligible to apply to be a Health Educator. Our Health Educators provide one-on-one education to clients regarding birth control, breast health, safer sex, sexually transmitted infections, and other women’s health concerns.
We are not currently accepting any new volunteers, but plan to re-open the Health Worker Program application in the fall. Please check back here for more information. If you would like to be placed on the waitlist and receive updates about our Health Worker Program please email us!
Are you an African-American woman looking for health careers training? Check out our Western Addition Health Training Program.