Job Title: Client Access Coordinator
Supervisor: Assistant Clinic Manager
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours per week. Includes morning, evening, and Saturdays
The mission of the Women’s Community Clinic is to improve the health and well-being of women and girls. We believe preventive, educational care is essential to lifelong health and that all women deserve excellent health care, regardless of their ability to pay. We work hard to ensure that each client feels comfortable and safe using her voice to direct the care she receives.
Since 1999, the Women’s Community Clinic has used an innovative workforce development-based business model to provide affordable and accessible health care services to Bay Area women and girls. With a proven track record of success, the Clinic has earned a reputation as a safe, welcoming environment where uninsured women can access high-quality health services.
As the first point of contact, the Client Access Coordinator plays a vital role in being a warm and knowledgeable connection for clients to Clinic services. This position is integral to ensuring smooth coordination of care from the front desk to the clinical team.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
General Phone Coordination
- Provide continuous client-centered care and customer service by phone
- Model and uphold exceptional phone etiquette standards
- Conduct HIPAA-compliant phone communication with clients
- Respond to appointment requests, refill requests, clinician call backs, and other client needs
- Coordinate clinic closure communication to clients
Eligibility and Scheduling
- Check client eligibility for Clinic services
- Refer ineligible clients to more appropriate providers
- Schedule clients for appointments
- Communicate continuously with clinical team members regarding schedule changes
- Collaborate with providers to reschedule appointments when needed
- Maintain waitlist to ensure appointments are fully utilized
- Manage recalls list to ensure clients return for follow-up care
- Provide reminder calls for upcoming appointments
- Verify client coverage for upcoming appointments
- Respond to medical records requests from clients, providers and other HIPAA-approved entities
- Process incoming medical records
- Scan and index medical records to client electronic health records
- Coordinate welcome letters to new SF Health Plan clients
- Screen clients interested in medication abortion (MAB) for appropriateness of and eligibility for services
- Provide education to clients about MAB
- Perform initial registration for new patients interested in MAB
- Order labs for MAB clients
- Participate on Client Access and Experience, Operations, and other committees/teams as needed
- Develop and document new phone services workflows
- Train other staff on phone services and other front desk functions as needed
- Support front shift coordinators as needed
- Support Clinic administrative tasks including, but not limited to, updating clinic forms, data entry, and front desk resources
- Provide IT support backup and troubleshooting related to clinical care processes
- Other duties as assigned
- English fluency (verbal and written) required
- Spanish fluency (verbal) strongly preferred
- Commitment to the mission and goals of the Women’s Community Clinic
- At least one year of experience working in a health care environment, with a strong preference for a women’s health setting
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated knowledge of women’s health issues
- Excellent computing skills especially within the Microsoft Office suite and Epic electronic health record system
- Medical billing and third-party payer knowledge a plus
- Knowledge of Bay Area community resources preferred
- Commitment to working in an environment offering the full scope of pregnancy options counseling
- Willingness to be an ambassador on behalf of the Women’s Community Clinic understanding that all staff contribute towards tasks related to promoting and fundraising for the Clinic
Salary and Benefits:
- The Clinic provides a competitive total compensation package at the mid-range of the San Francisco nonprofit and healthcare labor markets. The salary range for this position is $15.75 to $16 per hour, depending on experience.
- Generous benefits package, includes: Health (HMO or PPO), dental, and vision insurance with family coverage, generous vacation, retirement plan, sabbatical, flexible spending accounts for medical, transit, parking, and dependent care expenses.
- Requires prolonged sitting or standing for up to 3 hours at a time.
- Requires hand eye coordination and manual dexterity to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. May require up to 3 hours of typing at a time.
- Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports and to communicate with staff in a busy clinic environment.
The Women’s Community Clinic is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex/gender (including gender identity), citizenship status, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical conditions including genetic characteristics and cancer-related conditions, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions, genetic information, people with acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please send a cover letter and resume to: Jobs@Womenscommunityclinic.org no later than March 19, 2017. In subject line, please write: Client Access Coordinator.