The Clinic Coordinator plays a vital role in supporting the overall Clinic, and ensuring it runs smoothly in its day-to-day operations. This is a part-time position of 24 hours per week, and may include evening and weekend shifts.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Shift Coordination (85%)
- Coordinate 5 clinic shifts per week
- Manage flow of clients as they enter the Clinic and ensure accurate client registration
- Quickly and professionally handle any challenging client interactions at the front desk to maintain the safety and integrity of the Clinic for all clients, volunteers, and staff
- Prepare front desk for most efficient operations before the Clinic opens and at end of day
- Monitor and maintain HIPAA compliance at the front desk at all times
- Provide on-the-job training, supervision, and evaluation of volunteer health workers
- Maintain open communication with medical assistants and clinicians to provide responsive support for clinicians as requested
- Perform all client check-out processes, including collecting payments, reconciling end-of-day balance, and any clinical follow-up required
- Develop and lead presentations for onboarding volunteers into new roles
- Participate on Quality Improvement committees or other committees as needed or appointed
- Other duties as assigned
- Commitment to the mission and goals of the Women’s Community Clinic
- At least one year of experience working in a health care environment
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in a women’s health setting
- Excellent computing skills, especially within the Microsoft Office suite
- Commitment to working in an environment that offers the full scope of pregnancy options counseling
- Willingness to be an ambassador on behalf of the Women’s Community Clinic, understanding that all staff contribute towards tasks related to promoting and fundraising for the Clinic.
- Requires prolonged sitting or standing for up to 3 hours at a time
- Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. May require up to 3 hours of typing at a time
- Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports and to communicate with staff in a busy clinic environment
The Women’s Community Clinic is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related), or conditions (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions (ARC)). Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
Please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Sunday, April 17. In subject line, please write: Clinic Coordinator.